Alpha Phi Omega in the United States of America is made up of chapters which are groups of individuals attending specific institutions of higher learning. Chapters are grouped together into sections representing either a state or portion thereof. Sections are grouped together into regions (there are presently eleven regions in the United States of America). Region I of Alpha Phi Omega includes Sections 94, 96, 97 and 99 and includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, and Vermont; and all counties of New York including and to the southeast of Dutchess and Orange (in other words, the Greater New York Metropolitan Area).
- Section 94 - Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Section 95 - Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Section 96 - Western Massachusetts and Connecticut
- Section 97 - New York City, Long Island and New York's Dutchess, Orange, Rockland and Westchester counties.
- Section 101 - Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, Warren, Hudson, Essex & Morris Counties)
- Section 102 - Central and Southern New Jersey (Union, Somerset, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, Burlington, Camden, Atlantic, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, & Cape May Counties)